Which coffee bean is the healthiest?
Table of Contents
- Which coffee bean is the healthiest?
- Main components of coffee
- Side effects of the coffee
- Healthiest coffee beans
- Healthiest coffee brands
- Healthiest sugar for coffee
- How to find the best coffee beans?
- Making your own coffee
- Brewing coffee beans
- healthy coffee recipes
- Best place to buy healthy coffee beans
- Last words
We all are coffee addicts who love the unique fragrant aroma and flavor of the coffee. While enjoying your cup of coffee, you may wonder which coffee bean is the healthiest or, if coffee is even healthy at all?
In this article, we’ll provide you with all the health facts about coffee and introduce you to the healthiest coffee beans. Let’s start by analyzing the components of coffee. So, follow us and find out the amazing health effects of this beverage.
Main components of coffee
There are 3 main components of the coffee:
- Caffeine: It works by stimulating the brain and central nervous system. It’s the world’s most famous natural stimulant which the body absorbs very quickly.
- The chlorogenic acid: is one of the esters of caffeic acid functioning as an intermediate in lignin biosynthesis.
- Diterpenes: Diterpenes are a class of chemical compounds composed of four isoprene units, often with the molecular formula C20H32.
Side effects of the coffee
There’re a few negative sides to coffee as well. It can weaken the power of absorbing vitamins on your body
Caffeine is addicting too and coming off of it is going to be very difficult. It will give you a headache. Medical research shows that you shouldn’t use more than 400mg caffeine per day and using more than 500mg is not good for your body. A cup of coffee can contain about 200mg of caffeine.
Some people are not allowed to drink coffee like people who are undergoing gut healing or people sensitive to caffeine.
Healthiest coffee beans
if you want to know which coffee bean is the healthiest, you should use these tips mentioned below:
- Always choose arabica bean over Robusta because the Arabica beans have less caffeine
- try buying the organic coffee beans
- go for the swiss water process for decaffeinated beans
- use a paper filter to brew your coffee
- always grind your coffee beans freshly
- use your coffee beans within a month of roasting
Healthiest coffee brands
Do you want to take care of your body? Do you only consume healthy foods? Do you want to help your environment? Whatever your reason is for searching for healthy coffee brands, CoffeeVibes is here for you. Everyone has unique criteria for picking coffee. But, if you are reading this article and your criteria is “healthy coffee bean” here is the list of healthiest coffee brands:
- Lifeboost organic coffee
- Cafe Don Pablo: Subtle Earth Gourmet Coffee
- Java planet
- Kicking horse coffee
- Jungle Coffee Gourmet Coffee Beans
All these coffee brands are available on Amazon!
Healthiest sugar for coffee
Most people can’t drink their coffee straight because of the bitter taste. That is the reason there are many options of coffee drinks with sugar, milk, syrup, or cream. Plus, it is the reason for the popularity of Starbucks drinks with extra cream and chocolate! The most common sugar types people use for coffee are either processed white or brown sugar. If you are one of those people who like to add sugar coffee to their coffee to soften the taste but looking for a healthier type of sugar, we sadly should inform you there is no healthy sugar! However, you can add natural sweeteners instead. Such as honey, stevia, or sugar-free syrups, and chocolate powders.
Healthy coffee syrups
Generally, syrups are one of the best natural sweeteners for coffee. There are varieties of coffee syrups that are sugar and gluten-free. In many flavors as chocolate, caramel, coconut, or vanilla. If you don’t know which syrup to buy with all the varieties that are tasty and also healthy, we’ve also prepared the list of best healthy coffee syrups for you:
- Torani Sugar-Free Syrup
- Jordan’s Skinny Syrups
- Starbucks Naturally Flavored Coffee Syrup
- Upouria Syrup Sugar-Free Coffee Syrup
- Monin Sugar-Free Coffee Syrup
- DaVinci Gourmet Sugar-Free Syrup
How to find the best coffee beans?
If you are trying to find out the healthiest coffee beans, there’re few tips that you can pay attention to when choosing which coffee to buy. Here’s the instruction:
- Step 1: checking the roast date
When you are buying coffee beans first you should look at the label of it and check the roast date.
freshness is essential for coffee because it’s organic and doesn’t live forever. Coffee beans can be corrupted. Best coffee can be found after 7 days of roasting because the post-roasting reaction has settled down. The expiration time for coffee beans is 21 days. after 21 days, beans will lose flavor over time.
- Step 2: best type of roasting level
One of the most important things that you should pay attention to when buying coffee is the type of roast. Roasting will separate the nutty, caramel, chocolate, and sugar that are naturally in the beans.
Generally, the dark roast coffee beans have a more intense flavor. But, the light roast coffee beans have more acidity with the notes of chocolate and caramel.
- Step 3: the best types of coffee beans
As I mentioned to you before, always buy Arabica beans. Most of the coffee we buy is Arabica but it’s always good to check and make sure of it.
one of the reasons that you should not buy other kinds of coffee beans is that they have a shorter shelf life and will expire sooner. Plus, the difference in flavor and aroma matters as well.
- Step 4: type of process
Do you know where the beans are coming from? They were cherries at first. They will be removed from cherries with 2 main types of processing.
First: natural washing of the cherry. After that, the coffee bean will dry out of the cherry.
second: there is the wet process that removes the other skin and then it dries.
the flavor of the beans depends on the type of processing. The first type that is natural washing will give a fruity flavor to the beans and have less acid on it. The second type (Wet) will give the flavor of the beans more like itself and have a clean taste.
- Step 5: coffee companies
When we are buying coffee, one of the most important things that you should pay attention to is the type of practice that the company is using to make that coffee.
companies of coffee will choose a place to grow trees that are suitable for it and can use the best of their worker’s jobs.
Is organic coffee better?
As I said before, organic coffee beans are much healthier and if you want to know which coffee bean is the healthiest, organic coffee is recommended. So, let’s see why:
conventional coffee is everywhere and the is a huge difference between it and organic coffee.
these days many people are using coffee and the demand for it is growing by the day. So, the farmers are having to use pesticides to get rid of the bugs and fertilizers for good soil. The bad news is that these things are not good for the quality of coffee beans especially pesticides. Obviously, pesticides are not very good for your health.
One of the methods of growing organic coffee is to use shades of trees. What is that? Let’s see:
if farmers grow their beans in the shade of the trees it will be a good place for birds to take home.
So, the birds will clean out the bugs and parasites that can destroy our coffee beans. They will be our free and clean pesticides. However, this method is much slower than the normal method of growing coffee beans. By the way, the leaves of the three after falling will become a natural fertilizer for the soil. So, no use of chemical fertilizer.
Making your own coffee
Buying coffee from a coffee shop is very easy but it will cost you more money than making it yourself at home. When you are brewing the coffee in your home you have much control over its quality. But before making the coffee you should choose the organic brand. There are tons of coffee brands out there and choosing one is your call. Coffeevibes can help you with narrowing down your choices and buying the right type of coffee.
Brewing coffee beans
Many people want to brew their coffee by themselves but they don’t know how.
Let’s check the steps:
First of all, you should prepare a standard drip machine for your beans. Use unbleached brown paper on that machine. This method is much better than the French one, do you know why?
Because some particular things will be left from roasted beans in your coffee. Using the paper filter will remove those particular things from your coffee.
Now, let’s start brewing: First, we will choose the coffee then we talked about it before. Second, add the cold water as much as you want. After that, you should be heated the water. Third, add the right amount of ground to the filter. at last, we will turn on our coffee maker.
healthy coffee recipes
Alright, now let’s check out some recipes to make the healthiest coffee for your body. Plus, there’re a few simple tips to make your coffee healthier and more delicious. if you want to make your coffee healthier, here some tips for you:
- we all know that coffee is one of the strongest natural sources of caffeine and using it will give you energy and help you to stay awake. So, if you drink coffee late it will disturb your sleeping and will harm you. In that case, you should try to avoid drinking coffee after 2 pm.
by using this trick, you can sleep well at night.
- some people want to add sugar to their coffee but it’s one of the worst things you can do to your coffee. Because over time sugar will make you sick due to the high amount of fructose that it contains. If you are like and want to make your coffee sweet, just use a natural sweeter in your coffee.
- using the organic brand that I mentioned before, pesticides can harm you so just try to avoid using coffees that are not organic.
- also using coffee can be good for you but drinking too much of it will be dangerous for you.
too much caffeine has some side effects so don’t put your body under pressure and just drink a medium amount of coffee a day.
- adding cinnamon to your coffee will make it much healthier and better for your body. it will be mixed well in coffee and its flavor. In addition, cinnamon will lower your blood glucose, cholesterol, and triglycerides in diabetics.
- try to not using artificial creamers in your coffee. Those things may harm your body. so, you should avoid them. Not all of them are bad, if you search, you can find a good brand but it’s too risky.
- add some cocoa to your coffee. You can find a lot of good things in cocoa like antioxidants and it is very good for your heart too. coffee mocha is a coffee that contains cocoa and you can find it in every coffee shop in your city.
- always use the paper filter for brewing your coffee. By using the paper filter, you can lower the level of cholesterol in your coffee to make it much healthier and avoid something like a heart attack.
Best place to buy healthy coffee beans
It’s crystal clear that you need an authentic coffee brand that takes care of the customers’ health. With the variety of choices and names around, it’s not so easy to find one. Plus, if you respect your body and health that you want your coffee with the best quality, you respect your time and money as well. Coffeevibes is here to introduce you only the richest coffee beans from the best brands. We can help you get the freshest and healthiest coffee with only a few clicks whenever and wherever you want.
As you can see, coffee has some good and bad things for your body but if you use our guide, you can easily make your coffee much healthier. Now you know which coffee bean is the healthiest and you can pick one and buy it. So, enjoy having your coffee, and remember to always stay healthy. Coffeevibes helps you buy the healthiest coffee beans from various brands at reasonable prices.