Make Espresso old fashioned in 4 Easy Steps
Table of Contents
If you’re here, you surely know the importance of a caffeine kick to set up your mind with a nice cup of coffee. All coffee addicts are used to start their day with a strong coffee to freshen up and set their mind and body for an energetic day. A shot of espresso is one of the most popular and ideal option for a quick caffeine kick to feel restarted. Or, a double shot espresso can be a great energy supplement for getting a kick-ass workout done.
What if we tell you that you can have this caffeine kick along with some alcohol on a Saturday night party?! We all like to free our mind and spirit with a nice cocktail on weekends. But, combining this cocktail with espresso can be a magical drink which is called “espresso old fashioned”.
Read on to find out everything about this breezy drink and the best espresso old fashioned recipe below!
How to make espresso old fashioned?
Espresso old fashioned is every coffee lovers’ favorite cocktail. Tastes like coffee but gets you drunk! Here is the easiest espresso old fashioned recipe in few easy steps:
- A double shot espresso
- 50ml of bourbon or rye whiskey
- 2 dashes of Angostura bitters
- Orange zest
- ¼ fl oz simple syrup
- Mix the espresso, alcohol, bitters and syrup and ice in the shaker.
- Stir about 30 seconds.
- Pour the cocktail in the glass.
- Garnish the glass with orange zest. (you can add the orange zest in the drink too)
- You can turn this cocktail into an intensified version of an Espresso Martini Espresso, Oak & Eden Rye Whiskey and Irish Cream Liqueur over ice.
- For getting a high-quality taste, do not forget to use the best espresso beans.
- You can garnish the drink with whole coffee beans as well.
- If you can’t make an espresso, using brewed coffee or cold brew is fine.
Espresso old fashioned machine
nowadays, there are varieties of automatic and professional espresso makers, preparing a fresh shot of espresso in a few seconds. however, the old fashioned espresso style still matter. some people, Italian people for example, prefer to make espresso using a stovetop Moka Pot. it is a practical and cheap tool offering a smooth shot of espresso. so, in order to make espresso with an old fashioned machine, using a Moka pot is the one and only way. Using this old fashioned message is so easy. here is how:
- fill the lower section of Moka Pot with water up to lower of safety valve.
- replace the filter basket on top of it and fill the basket with espresso coffee grounds.
- screw the top section of Moka pot tightly.
- put the Moka pot on a medium to low heat and wait till coffee emerges in the upper section.
Have you ever tried Espresso old fashioned? Share your experiences with us in the comments!